NASA internships and fellowships provide opportunities for high school students through postdocs. Check out the resource links below:
GeneLab internship opportunities
- GeneLab Summer Intern Program: Interns worked with GeneLab scientists and other interns to develop computational pipelines for the analysis of biological data housed within GeneLab. Interns utilized these within GeneLab’s analysis framework to make discoveries about how biological systems react to spaceflight. The 10-week internships took place at NASA Ames Research Center in Silicon Valley, CA during summer of 2018.
- GeneLab for High Schools (GL4HS): is a four-week, intensive, summer training program for rising high school juniors and seniors hosted by NASA's Ames Research Center (Mountain View, CA). It provides students an opportunity to immerse themselves in Space Life Sciences with a specific focus on omics-based bioinformatics research, the science of collecting and analyzing complex biological data such as genetic codes and computational biology. The 2021 course will be held virtually due to the pandemic. GL4HS also provides training opportunities for teachers who are interested in incorporating the curriculum into their advanced biology courses.
Interested? Apply Now - https://gl4hsapp.com
Application Deadline: Monday March 1, 2021 5:00 pm (PT)
Offers Extended: Late-March to Early-April
When: June 21 - July 16, 2021 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (PT)
Other internship opportunities at NASA:
- NASA STEM Engagement: NASA education opportunities
- NASA Postdoctoral Program: postdoctoral fellowships
- NASA Taskbook database: identify funded Space Biology researchers at your institute or in your area of interest
- NASA Ames Research Center: civil servant or contractor employment opportunities
- NSPIRES: notifications of solicitations for funding for independent research (including as a postdoc)