Greetings From GeneLab!
A new metadata tutorial, and additional datasets enhance the GeneLab repository.
GeneLab Tutorial: Metadata download and visualization using ISACreator
GeneLab uses the ISACreator tool to define an experimental study and store the metadata.
The GeneLab user community will utilize the ISACreator tool bundled with a specific GeneLab configuration to create and visualize study metadata. This tutorial demonstrates how to download the tool and visualize the study metadata in a windows environment. An analog process could be followed in Mac systems. The ISACreator tool and tutorial are available on the GLDS landing page:
GeneLab added 17 new investigations to the GeneLab Data System for a total of 133 studies.
- Acute transcriptional up-regulation specific to osteoblasts/osteoclasts in medaka fish immediately after exposure to microgravity
- Analysis of dust samples from the Russian part of the ISS
- Biological Research in Canisters-16 (BRIC-16): Investigations of the plant cytoskeleton in microgravity with gene profiling and cytochemistry
- Dissecting Low Atmospheric Pressure Stress: Transcriptome Responses to the Components of Hypobaria in Arabidopsis[Experiment 1]
- Dissecting Low Atmospheric Pressure Stress: Transcriptome Responses to the Components of Hypobaria in Arabidopsis[Experiment 2]
- Global gene expression analysis highlights microgravity sensitive key genes in longissimus dorsi and tongue of 30 days space-flown mice
- Effect of electromagnetic fields on the chondrogenic differentiation under microgravity conditions
- Gene expression profiling of PBL in response to ionizing radiation and modeled microgravity
- Genetic Dissection of the Spaceflight Transcriptome Responses in Plants: Are some responses unnecessary?
- Global gene expression profiles of cardiac progenitor differentiated from human pluripotent stem cells in 3D culture under simulated microgravity
- Identification of mRNA involved in cell response to ionizing radiation and modeled microgravity
- Microgravity induces proteomics changes involved in endoplasmic reticulum stress and mitochondrial protection
- mRNA expression profile in DLD-1 and MOLT-4 cancer cell lines cultured under microgravity
- Proton irradiation augments the reduction in tumor progression observed with
- RAD51 interconnects between DNA replication, DNA repair, and immunity
- Whole genome sequencing and assembly of eukaryotic microbes isolated from ISS environmental surface, Kirovograd region soil, Chernobyl nuclear power plant and Chernobyl exclusion zone
- Exposure of zebrafish larvae to 3g and 5g hyper gravity between 5-6 days
GeneLab at Conferences
GeneLab and Space Biology representatives from NASA Ames Research Center cohosted exhibit booths at the following conferences:
- June 1-5, New Orleans, LA
American Society for Microbiology
- June 24-28, Honolulu, HI
American Society of Plant Biologists
Publications Citing GeneLab
We would like to know! Please send us your citation so that we can include it in our metrics and post it on the GeneLab website.
The GeneLab Team