The GeneLab Sequencing Group would appreciate formal acknowledgement in publications, posters, grant proposals, reports or presentations that contain data generated by our team.
Proper acknowledgment provides us with a way to measure the impact of the NASA Ames sequencing services and is essential for our continued operation and funding.
When to acknowledge or provide co-authorship?
- Any time a service is provided by the GeneLab Sample Processing Team
Please use the following language for acknowledgement and consider acknowledgement of core staff where appropriate:
- Publications: Materials and Methods
“Nucleic acid extraction, library preparation and sequencing was carried out by NASA GeneLab Sequencing Group at NASA Ames Research Center (Moffett Field, CA)”
- Publications: end of manuscript
“We thank the NASA GeneLab Sequencing Group at NASA Ames Research Center (Moffett Field, CA), which provided nucleic acid extraction, library preparation and sequencing services.”
- Please consider co-authorship if:
- Staff member of the group contributed beyond the standard service agreement for experimental work and/or made a substantial intellectual contribution beyond routine sample processing or data interpretation
- If the GeneLab Bioinformatics Team developed custom bioinformatics tools, pipelines or algorithms or participated in the experiments design and result interpretation
Please use the Recommended Guidelines for Authorship on Manuscripts outlined by the Association of Biomolecular Resource Facilities (ABRF).